Electronic Document Workflow System
Overview of the solution
The electronic document workflow system aims at the management of corporate documents, group work of staff.
SINAM proposes document workflow systems based on two different Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platforms - Opentext Documentum and Alfresco ECM. Both platforms are the leaders of the Enterprise Content management Software market.
Overview of the solution
The Opentext Documentum allows application of single means and methods to ensure collective work with any kind of information and is capable of delivering it to all users of the corporate system and external contractors. The platform provides for information access from any user’s application – corporate portal, office applications, ERP, CRM and PDM-system, professional applications for the creation of contents (graphic display, web-page, electron drawing and etc.).
Outcome of the research carried out by the Opentext is one of the largest benchmark researches in the history of ECM, showing results of the work of 100 000 users of the system, who take part in different transactions on content management with maintaining high workload for more than 12 hours. In the meanwhile, transactions covering more frequent operations on content management were carried out.
The research got the following results:
- 100 000 users with simultaneous connection
- 748 000 transactions per hour
- Average feedback time ― 0,86 s
- 878 references to the server of applications per second
Administration, customization and integration with other corporate systems are carried out simply and promptly.
The system consists of a range of programs, allowing collection of any combination from the scheme of flow of documents. Solutions and capacity of the platform ensure the work of a single system at companies with the organizational structure of different complexity. And, the work of branches and affiliates in the single system of areal-distribution network is supported.
The solution has been successfully implemented in various state organizations in Azerbaijan, such as Central Bank, National Archive Department, Ministry of Communication and High Technologies, Special State Protection Service. The system can also be implemented in other state authorities and any big private entities to digitize the workflow process.
Architecture of the system:
Paper or any other electronic document
Possibility of sending for endorsement, execution and approval
Context-based search using Indexing Server, Analytical reporting on flow of documents, Control over execution, Audit, Security
Location of Web applications for the work of users of document workflow system
Location of content (documents themselves)
Accompanying data of documents
Indexed data, that are available both after scanning and identification of paper document, and all other e-documents entering the system
The system ensures implementation of the most sophisticated requirements of client (for example, storage of billions of objects and hundreds of terabyte of data), allows effective management of large amount of materials, and easily supports simultaneous work of great amount of users.
- The system uses security measures, including digitalization of content, control over access, digital liquidation of data. Technologies conform to all standard requirements, necessary to ensure protection of information.
- LDAP integration.
- Full text search – Extended search on the base of the work of a separate Indexing server.
- Version control – Addition of new and storage of old versions.
- Permission set – Capability to delegate the right for one or another document in the course of processes.
- Instead of SQL, DQL Security enforcement is used – During the selection of data, only those data, for whom a certain user has an access, are displayed.
- CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Service) standard – One of the world standards, which conform to standards on content management. There is a standard web-service (IBM, EMC, Microsoft, Alfresco, Oracle, Open text and etc.) which allows integration with leading platforms of the world.
- Content Transformation Services – Transformation of format of any kinds of documents.
- DFC – Documentum Foundation Services – Open coding (OpenSource), ability to create different types of documents.
- FTP, EMAIL, Web Service (possibility of integration through mapping).
The system includes all capabilities for the organization of a single electronic document workflow:
- Collective work of staff with documents, including introduction of versions of documents;
- Registration of incoming documents from wide-spread sources (paper, email, third-party system, portal, etc.);
- Signing through e-signature;
- Electronic endorsement and approval of documents;
- Distribution and review of documents by staff;
- Full records of the path of the document;
- Different notices about any activities taken by other participants of the process;
- Granting the rights for access;
- Multi-layer procedure for endorsement;
- Control over the implementation of documents and instructions;
- Development of regulated and analytic reports;
- Search based on attributes;
- Large audit opportunity;
- Context-based search according to pre-identified and indexed data.
Alfresco Content Repository
Overview of the solution
SINAM Content Management System is an enterprise content management system with the essential capabilities to control all your information content. SINAM CMS provides a robust, scalable, fault-tolerant, and extensible architecture to manage and control all workflow data and automate business processes. SINAM CMS platform is based on Alfresco repository which is a powerful, service based content repository. Alfresco technologies provide repository access and improve compliance through fine-grained authentication, authorization, and auditing. SINAM CMS offers a web-based client, build entirely with the web script technology. Web client provides easy to access and simple to use interface, but powerful in its features, like content management, tools to search for data, workflow management, system administration tools, collaborative functions (like calendars, user comments) and many more.
SINAM CMS System
Alfresco Content Repository is the foundation of SINAM content management system. Content Server is the core functionality that allows users to create, capture, manage, deliver, archive content. Clients communicate with the SINAM CMS application server and its services through numerous supported protocols. HTTP and SOAP offer programmatic access while CIFS, FTP, WebDAV, IMAP, and Microsoft SharePoint protocols offer application access.
SINAM CMS provides a single repository for content and metadata. Content repository is comparable to a database, except that it holds more than data. The actual binary streams of the content are stored in files managed in the repository, although these files are for internal use only and do not reflect what you might see through the shared drive interfaces. The repository also holds the associations among content items, classifications, and the folder/file structure. The folder/file structure is maintained in the database and is not reflected in the internal file storage structure. The file system stores content to allow for very large content, random access, streaming, and options for different storage devices.
Some of the core functions of content repository includes:
- Definition of content structure (modeling)
- Creation, modification, and deletion of content, associated metadata, and relationships
- Query of content
- Access control on content (permissions)
- Versioning of content
- Content renditions
- Content type transformation
Content Repository features